Monday, April 12, 2010

The B-I-B-L-E

Don't you just love those moments when you realize that you've overlooked something your child should know? You know what I'm talking about. Like the day you realize that your kid can read but doesn't know their phone number. Or when your child can add but doesn't know what behind or beside mean. Well today we had one of those moments.
Leeny and I were reading her Bible Lesson. She was loving it! We got to the end and it was suggested to sing The B-I-B-L-E. So I start singing. She just stares at me. She tells me she likes that song. So I ask her why she's not singing it. She says she's never heard that song before.
WHAT?!!? Every child learns that song. If not at Sunday School and church, than at home. Right? I mean it's kinda up there with The ABC's, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Jesus Loves Me. I think I better check to see if she knows those. How embarrassing!

No comments:

Post a Comment