Monday, August 30, 2010

Today

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...Today is gray. It's humid, but not horrible. There is a nice breeze. I love days like today. Summer is winding down. Fall is on the way.

I am thinking...thoughts of fall - pumpkins, cider, hay rides, soccer, s'mores and pumpkin candles

I am thankful for...my wonderful friends

From the learning rooms...car-schooling today

From the kitchen...meatball sandwiches, purple potatoes with sugar snap peas and watermelon

I am wearing...jean capri's and green t-shirt

I am creating...a mess. Why is it that household projects create such a mess before you get them finished? And why does residing the house do that - it's an outside project?

I am going...to the chiropractor, the dentist, the apple orchard, my dad's to pick up my beef, and the church for a meeting.

I am reading...trying to catch up on some Homeschooling magazines

I am hoping...to find homes for all our puppies

I am hearing...the radio, the Bug, Leeny and Bubby getting breakfast, laughter, the Baby's pitter-patting of tiny hands and chunky knees as she crawls across the kitchen floor

Around the house...three laundry baskets full of clean clothes waiting to be folded and put away, shoes in the wrong places, curtain that needs to be re-hung, window that's going to be installed

One of my favorite things...cool, gray mornings and hot cups of coffee

A few plans for the rest of the week: a trip to Springfield to do some returns and visit the Library, moving stuff out of the toyroom in preparation for the new window that's going in, getting caught up on housework because the Husband is going to be on vacation for 15 days and I bet I don't get a whole lot done in the house. He's going to be siding the house, blowing insulation in the attic and generally making a mess. I'll be keeping him fed and hydrated.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Love. Total adoration. That's my niece K with the Baby at 10 days old. She wouldn't even look at the camera. Her eyes were only for her new baby cousin. I love that K!

For more Simple Woman Daybook entries, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment