Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Accident Prone?

Other than blowing off my eyebrows and arm hair while lighting the grill a few years ago, I don't think I've had many accidents. In fact, the last thing I remember was a car accident when I was 15 and even then I didn't have any blood loss, only bruising. Until this year, until the last 3 months. First I chopped off the tip of my thumb. (That has healed very well, but is sore when bumped). Last night I think I made up for the years of no accidents.
Mom and I have been walking a few times a week and thought we'd mix things up by riding bikes. I prefer bike riding anyway. Last week we rode North and the ground was pretty flat. Even though we rode almost 5 1/2 miles, it wasn't much of a workout. This time we were headed South - lots of hills - should be a good workout and still fun.
Well I made it out of the driveway, up the first hill and to the tracks. It had been raining earlier and my tire slipped, got stuck between the rail and the wooden railroad tie, and off I went. So now I have a black eye, road rash on my right side of face, boob, and shoulder. My left knee is badly bruised and bloody and my left heel of hand is bruised and swollen. It really looks much worse than it feels, my knee and face are the most uncomfortable.
My kids though, can't stand it, especially the Bug. She is like a little momma hen. They let me sleep in this morning. She took care of the baby, even feeding cereal and changing the poopy diaper. Baby didn't like her cereal this morning and spit it everywhere so the Bug cleaned it up and gave the Baby a bath. What would I do without that kid? She's awesome!
I think it's funny. The Husband and I are not sympathetic people. One of the kids get hurt and we clean it up and tell them they are OK and send them on their way to play (or work). In turn, we don't ask for sympathy when we are hurt. But the kids must have got sympathy from their Memaw J, because they can't stand to see me hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment