Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Sleep

The snot draining down the back of my throat makes it impossible to lay down. I'm so tired, but sleep can't be found. I choke and choke and choke. Oh the joys of bronchitis!
A lack of sleep. That's been me for the past year. Waking in the middle of the night to nurse my baby, has taken lots of sleeping time away. But I wouldn't trade that snuggle time for any amount of sleep.
She'll be one on Friday. A whole year already past. Three hundred sixty-five nights of not sleeping through the night. Three hundred sixty-five nights of snuggling her close, breathing in her baby scent.
She's starting to wean herself. It won't be much longer till she no longer wakes in the middle of the night for her milk. I will miss it. Really, I will.
But right now, when I'm missing extra sleep from this darn sickness, I will welcome a full night's rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment