Monday, October 11, 2010

Today

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...the sun is shining and there is the slightest of breezes. A few chickens are pecking around in the front yard. It's going to be a beautiful day.

I am thinking...about my mom. She's in Arizona to be with her dying mom. I already miss her and she just left yesterday. But I hurt for her too. I just can't wrap my mind around the thought of loosing a parent.

I am thankful for...family that lives nearby. We can see most of our family within a 15-20 minute drive.

From the learning rooms...today is a day off. We are going on a picnic between the chiropractor and the Baby's well-child check. Tomorrow we're back to the books. Right now, it's hard not to enjoy this beautiful weather while it lasts. We'll be cooped up inside soon enough when the weather turns to winter.

From the kitchen...new recipe...venison cordon bleu, roasted potatoes, broccoli and left over birthday cake for dessert

I am wearing...capri's and a gray shirt (the usual)

I am creating...a yummy picnic lunch

I am going...to be texting my momma lots this week. I'm used to talking to her at least twice a day.

I am reading...well just finished reading Dedication. Good book. Especially good if you grew up in the 80's and 90's. Time to start a new book.

I am hoping...for a productive week.

I am hearing...birds chirping outside, the radio, the Baby banging an empty container on the floor, the Bug and Leeny discussing which leaves they like and in which order.

Around the house...enjoying a clean house. A little laundry needs folded and put away as well as a few baby things. Otherwise all is in order.

One of my favorite things...spending time with family.

A few plans for the rest of the week...canning some applesauce, schoolwork with the kiddos, soccer practice, just being home and enjoying time outside.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

Two surprise beauties from my nearly dead garden.

Have a great week!
For more Simple Women, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment