Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Around the Farm

We started our orchard 3 years ago. We put in plum, apple, peach, pear and cherry trees, grape vines, and raspberry, blueberry and blackberry bushes. We added 2 raised strawberry patches this year. We're starting to see fruit.
One of our pear trees is producing. There are probably 30 pears on it this year. Can't wait to taste them!

This was my garden at the end of May. Everything is quite a bit bigger now, including the weeds.


Our Red Delicious Apple Tree is only on it's second year and has around 15 apples on it. It was the only one of our apple trees to set fruit this year.


Green beans. My favorite! Here are the first 3 rows. I planted 6 all together. We're hoping to get 100 quarts canned this year. They are producing now and I should be able to can my first batch at the end of the week. Nothing like fresh green beans.


The kids are growing too. They're spending lots of time outdoors especially in the garden and pool. This is where the Bug always ends up with the Baby when I mow.

No comments:

Post a Comment