Friday, February 4, 2011

Ice...

The "storm of all storms" didn't happen, at least around here. It wasn't the "Snowmagedon" that the media hyped it to be. Chicago got hit hard. Some areas around us saw up to 15" of snow. We only got about 4 inches plus about 1/2 inch of ice. It was a nuisance, yes. Especially for those who had to work out in it - road crews, lineman, ambulance, etc. For the most part though, it was just an average Illinois snow.

I'm thankful that I don't have to work outside. That being said, I love winter. Call me weird, but I love Illinois weather. All seasons. There is beauty in it all.

Take the ice. Yes, it's hard to get around in. Yes, it's dangerous. But it is gorgeous!

One of the blue spruce trees in the backyard.





Cattle panels. I never thought I would think of them as pretty. But I do now.

Look how long some of those icicles are. Amazing!

The way the sun sparkled off these - WOW! It was breathtaking.


Look at that detail. Our God is super creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment