Wednesday, November 17, 2010

TODAY

Outside my window...the frost is still clinging to the grass in the shady spots, but is loosing the battle to the sun. A red-breasted woodpecker is pounding on the power pole. There isn't much of a breeze today and the sun is turning everything shades of gold. I love watching the sun come up.

I am thinking...about the old hymns that I grew up singing in church. I wish we sang more of them today. I really need to spend more time teaching them to my children.

I am thankful for...living in America. Even though there is so much wrong in our country, it's still an amazing place to live.
I'm also thankful that my Grandad and Grammy are home from their cruise. I missed them.

From the learning rooms...I think today will be a day of math and some games - maybe some Mad-Libs too (great way to cover parts of speech).

From the kitchen...I'm really craving Taco soup, but I think I had better make Lasagna. Bubby has been asking for it for weeks.

I am wearing...my bathrobe. I'll soon be wearing my usual, jeans and a sweatshirt.

I am creating...still working on my "brain." I'm looking forward to dragging out the Christmas decorations.

I am going...to try and get this Baby to take a nap. She awakened with the Husband's alarm this morning and really needs some more rest. Mommy needs her to get some more rest. She's a crab!

I am reading...the same books as last week as well as The Best Christmas Pagent Ever and The Great Turkey Walk to the kids. Even the Husband has been listening in on The Great Turkey Walk and enjoying the chapters he hears.

I am hoping...that Rosario, our Compassion child, gets all the stuff we mailed to her before Christmas.

I am hearing...the hum of the corn stove, cartoons and the intermittent fussing of the Baby.

Around the house...a vacuum that needs put away, the disassembled baby swing, no longer needed, ready to be returned to my sister. Otherwise the house is pretty orderly.

One of my favorite things...spending time with my dad's side of the family. We have so much fun and laugh till our sides hurt.

A few plans for the rest of the week....visiting with a friend, taking Bubby to do his Christmas shopping, getting the girls fitted for dresses (cousin's wedding) and possibly attending a play.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

The Bug and Bubby. This was his Kindergarten year. We were learning about deserts before making a trip to Arizona. We planted some cactus and if I remember correctly, we drowned them.

No comments:

Post a Comment