Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Around Here...

Two weeks of the Husband being home, wonderful as it was, throws off our routine. The momentum we had going, has come to a screeching halt. It will take a few days, (actually I think, this time, it's harder on me than the kids) but life will get back to normal.

Bubby had a tooth extracted yesterday. He was in quite a bit of pain after. This tooth had started bothering him off and on since the middle of July. Then it got abscessed. The antibiotics didn't work. He started another, stronger antibiotic and it helped but didn't clear it up. The dentist decided to go ahead and pull it. I begged the Husband to take him. I hate watching (even being there) when teeth are pulled. He couldn't. I had to act like a "big girl" and tough it out.
Yes, I know that Bubby was the one getting the work done. He did very well. As a former fainter, I just hate that stuff!

The Bug, aka my right arm, is now playing soccer for 2 teams. Fortunately, we still only have practice 2 times per week. She is playing on the 5th and 6th grade team too. I love watching her play. Especially when she knocks a big kid down. That sounds awful. She's not mean to other kids. She just charges the ball and if you're in her way, you might find yourself laying in the grass. Poor Bubby found this out at practice last week. He was NOT happy about it!

Leeny is busy, busy, busy! Sometimes I think duck-taping her to something would be a good idea (although she'd be out in 3.4 seconds). Both her top front teeth are gone - too cute. She too is enjoying soccer. But I think she also has a crush on one of her team-mates. They follow each other around before and after games.

The Baby is approaching her first birthday. As much as I love watching her grow and develop, I can't help but be a little sad that it's went so fast. Too fast.
She is the only one around here who HATES soccer. I think it is because it's not about her. Really, she hates her stroller much preferring to be crawling all over (think soccer field during games, strangers, parking lot, etc.) Soccer games keep me very busy chasing her!
She is just about to walk. I catch her standing with no support all the time, yet she lacks the confidence to take a step. Soon, very soon!

Me? Well my weight is coming down. I'm down a size in both pants and shirts. My weight loss is now about 16 pounds. Slow but steady. I started Weight Watchers about 2 months ago. Other than that, not much new.
I love being a mom. I love homeschooling my kids (even on the tough days). I love watching things click - when they finally get something. Or even better, when they apply something we've learned from a book, to real life. That is one of the greatest, most gratifying aspects of homeschooling. The best part though, I love watching the relationships between my children - the friendship, the love, the laughter, the joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment