Monday, March 28, 2011

There It Went...

Mother of the Year Award.
Not that I was in the running.
I make enough mistakes on a daily basis to assure me of that.

But today.....

Leeny had been complaining that her finger hurt - for a couple (few) days. I didn't really pay much attention to her. In my defense, up until today, she'd only complain 1 or 2 times a day. I'm kinda of the camp that if something isn't gushing blood, dangling or unable to move, then shake it off. I need to rethink that stance. It isn't working so well for me. Anyway, tired of hearing her complain this morning (she'd complained like 5 times in 15 minutes), I took a look. The tip of her left index finger was swollen, hot to touch, red streaks (pink) running up her hand and a puss pocket at the tip.
Needless to say, she has a nice infection. She's now on an antibiotic and some strong ointment to prevent staff infection. Talk about feeling like a terrible parent!

It gets better....

The Bug has complained of headaches - especially when she reads. This has been going on for several months. I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to her for a few reasons.
1. She says she hates to read. What better way to get out of it than to say your head hurts?
2. Several of her friends have gotten glasses. She's my most peer dependant child, so maybe she was wanting glasses too?
3. As stated above, it wasn't bleeding, dangling or unable to move. Again, not the best method.
4. Maybe it is sinus related?

Today, something was different. She was working on the computer and said she needed to stop because her head hurt. She loves to be on the computer and wouldn't forfeit her time on it.

Long story short....We went to the eye doctor after the Prompt Care visit and sure enough, the Bug needs glasses! The glasses will be in next week.

On the bright side, tomorrow is a new day. (And my kids are resilliant and forgiving!)

No comments:

Post a Comment